Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Motivation

Yesterday was my first official day as a Curves member.  Josh tried to wake me up at 7:00 am and, surprising even to me, I got up, got my stuff together, and was out the door by 7:15.  Josh dropped me off on his way to work so I was at the gym and ready to work out by 7:20.  Did I mention before that I'm not a morning person?  This, for me, was EPIC.  It was the absolute earliest I have ever worked out (or even been out of my house doing anything athletic-y) in my life.  I was in the same clothes I slept in the night before, no make up, hair in a messy ponytail.  There were five other women there when I arrived and two more who came while I was halfway through the circuit.  It was, well...interesting.  Let's just say that everyone in the room had either 30 years or 50 lbs on me, easy.  Most of the women spent the time talking about their kids and grandkids.  I listened to my ipod on shuffle and rediscovered some of my favorite songs while half listening to the conversations, smiling and nodding at people so they didn't think I was a total jerk.  I finished the circuit twice and checked my heart rate, and was shocked to see that it was at 100%.  I finished stretching and walked home.  It took me 7 minutes and was not bad at all.  I was a tiny bit sore when I got up this morning.  This might actually work!

I went again this morning.  Josh dropped me off at 7:20 on his way to work and I walked home.  The atmosphere was the same.  Older women talking about their kids and grandkids, marriages, vacations they hope to take, plans for Valentine's day.  I left my ipod on for the first time around the circuit but turned it off for the second time around and tried to interact a bit, again, so I didn't look like a jerk.  I told the lady who signed me up that I was going to try to come every morning.  Obviously I don't have the best track record with sticking to my goals, but hopefully I can come close.  I already feel better and can't wait to start seeing some results.  Every little bit of change is motivation to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but rude or foul language will not be tolerated.