Friday, May 3, 2013

Frustrated

Saturday was amazing.  I played an entire game of soccer (80 minutes) with only two five minute breaks and one ten minute half-time and I didn't embarrass myself!  I was actually happy with how I played and impressed that I was able to keep up and play with some intensity.  I had forgotten how much fun I used to have while playing and how much I missed the competition and team aspect of it all.

That being said, it's been six days since the game and I still can't stand or walk without pain.  ALL OVER.  I pushed myself too hard, too fast and now I'm paying for it.  I went to have a massage on Thursday and the lady was shocked at how tight my muscles were and concerned for me that I had so much pain in my joints five days after exercising.  The thing is, I knew that I would be sore.  I knew that I was going to put a toll on my body.  I just didn't think it would be that bad.  For days after the game I was exhausted.  I could barely stay awake most days and was ready for bed by 7:00 pm.  Luckily, we don't play this weekend and won't have a game until next weekend so I will have more time to rest, but I am going to have to take it easy when I do play again.  Easier said than done.

I am still waiting on the results from the EEG and MRI.  I have to wait on the sleep study because my insurance company does not think it is "medically necessary" and won't pay for it, so I have asked my neurologist to look at the EEG and MRI results and tell me if I have to have it or not.  My follow up visit isn't until the end of the month, but I don't understand why I can't have my test results now.  It is beyond frustrating.  It's MY brain.  Why do I have to wait to know whether or not something is going on inside of it??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but rude or foul language will not be tolerated.