Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Answers

I went to the doctor today hoping to have blood work done to check my thyroid levels.  Instead, I found out that, apparently, my thyroid is likely causing my body to process cholesterol improperly.  Hmm.  I found out that I had high cholesterol a few months ago, but my doctor didn't say a word about my thyroid being related.  Today, my doctor was out of the office and I saw his partner instead, and he happened to mention the connection between the two.  I came home, did some research, and sure enough, there is research to support the theory.  So, all the more reason to make sure that my levels are within normal limits.  I might be able to go off of the cholesterol medication if they are, and the less medication I have to take, the better I feel.

I also mentioned to the doctor that I have been getting dizzy lately, mainly when I stand up after sitting for a long time, and when I blow my nose.  He took my blood pressure and it was 90/60.  Unsure what the reason for that is, but he took some extra blood to run a full panel and I should know soon if there are any other issues.  I also mentioned the heart palpitations I've been having for the last few weeks.  Right now, I'm just trying to take it easy.  Yoga and walking the dog have been my go-to workouts, if you can even call them that.  But, with the dizziness and heart palpitations, I'm scared to try anything else right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but rude or foul language will not be tolerated.