Thursday, January 3, 2013

More Excuses

My first day back at the office after vacation wasn't much different than before I left.  I had a healthy breakfast and thought about packing a lunch or taking some healthy snacks, but since I was running late to leave as usual, that didn't happen.  I ended up not eating lunch at all with back to back meetings leaving zero time to leave and get food, so of course I was more hungry than I should have been when I got home.  Two bowls of spaghetti and some chips and homemade guacamole later, I'm pretty disappointed in myself.  I need to come up with a better system for work days if this is going to work at all.  Skipping lunch makes it way too hard to eat a healthy dinner.

I didn't exercise at all today.  I'm not sure what my problem is.  It's so easy to at least take the dog for a walk or put in an exercise DVD or do some simple workout I found on pinterest with jumping jacks and sit ups and whatnot.  But some days I just have absolutely zero motivation when I get home from work, especially if I overeat for dinner.  A few years ago I was diagnosed with IBS.  I have to eat all meals and snacks in small portions or else I end up looking like I'm 2 months pregnant with all of the stomach bloating.  All the more reason to plan my meals better during the day, I know.  And that's exactly what I would tell someone in my situation.  The problem is, I have trouble taking my own advice about 90% of the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but rude or foul language will not be tolerated.