Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Almost

I almost didn't work out today.  I'm not sure why I was surprised that the self-sabotage started so early (only Day 4) but I was.  I thought I would be so much more motivated this time, but instead, I was trying to decide whether or not I could lie in my blog post and say that I worked out when I didn't.  Really, self?  Who are you trying to impress?

The good news is that I eventually did something.  It took me until 9:30 tonight, but I finished a 30 minute beginner yoga DVD.  I used to think yoga was pointless and boring, but I think it was because I was using the wrong DVDs, like, the kind for old people who just want to be more relaxed and meditate.  I would always do it for a few weeks and then be so bored with myself that I would quit.  I actually haven't tried it since I was 24.  I decided to try it again after J found out that it was good for his back injury.  I got the DVD for him and did it with him at first so he wouldn't feel silly, and I kind of enjoyed it.  We watched the intermediate yoga portion and I'm excited to try that out, too.  Well, once I can touch my toes, maybe.

Am I where I want to be?  Of course not.  I would love to say that I've been hitting it hard at the gym every day and eating super clean and doing everything right.  But, I'm not.  I've learned too many times that if I set my goals too high, I just set myself up for failure.  So, it's beginner yoga for now, and in the future, who knows.  And for once I'm okay with that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but rude or foul language will not be tolerated.