Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fail

Um, so...yeah.  I haven't posted anything since Sunday.  I almost decided to just give up and delete this whole thing after I missed posting on Monday.  That's how much a perfectionist I am.  If I can't do it the "right" way, I don't want to do it at all.  I have the same problem with eating healthy and working out.  Surprise, surprise.  If I can't work out all the time or as hard as I want to, I end up wanting to quit.  If I slip and eat something unhealthy, I think my whole day is shot so I might as well eat junk the rest of the day. 

But, I'm back.  I think this really is helping, and I'm not going to give up that easily.  Not this time.  I just have to redefine what makes this writing project a success.  It may not be writing every single day, but it will be giving myself a way to get my thoughts and frustrations out and continue to motivate myself.  For example, I talked Josh into doing "intermediate yoga" last night instead of the beginner yoga because I was getting bored with it (yes, already), and the whole time I thought, "I can't wait to write about this!"  It was sooo challenging, but I made it through. 

I still haven't gone to check out the gym down the street.  I haven't made my way to the doctor's office to get my levels checked.  I am not perfect.  Ugh, it's so hard to write that.  But, I'm not.  And I have to get over it.  I will get to the doctor when I can.  I will go check out the gym when it works for my schedule.  Maybe Friday, maybe Saturday, maybe next week.  For now, the yoga has been really amazing and I'm actually seeing results, so it's a great start.  I'm am two pounds down since I started just from yoga and eating healthy.  Slow and steady...   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but rude or foul language will not be tolerated.